Personal Data Collection:
- Certain personal data, such as your name, email address, and geographic location may be collected when you sign up to receive our newsletter, complete our inquiry form, or otherwise submit information through our site.
Use of Personal Data:
- Data collected during your visit to our site may be used for any of the following:
- To tailor the user experience and deliver content and product offerings targeted to your interests.
- To improve the function and user experience of our website.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a giveaway, promotion, survey, or other site feature.
- To send occasional emails regarding updates or other information about our site.
- We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. We do not use Malware Scanning.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user submits or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal data.
Third-Party Links and Disclosure
- We may include or offer third-party products or services on our website and may receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Compliance with Applicable Law:
- Fair Information Practices
- The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
- In compliance with Fair Information Practices, we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify the users via email within 7 business days.
- We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
- CAN-SPAM ACT
- The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
- We collect your email address in order to:
- Respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Inform you of updates related to our services, products, or other offerings.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
- To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM we agree to the following:
- We will not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- We will identify a message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- We will monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- We will honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly and allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from all future correspondence.
Compliance with Laws Specific to California:
- California Online Privacy Protection Act (CALOPPA)
- In accordance with CALOPPA we agree to the following:
- Children Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
- We do not specifically market to children under 13.
We use the following cookies:
- Functional and technical cookies:
- Permanent cookies
- Session cookies
- Cookie control cookies
- Analytics cookies:
- Google Analytics
- Advertising and marketing cookies:
- Remarketing cookies
- Advertising programs
- Social Media-cookies:
- Cookies for commenting on articles and sharing pages
- Viewing embedded content and clicking links
- Functional and technical cookies (Cookies that are strictly necessary)
Explanation of cookies:
- Functional and Technical Cookies
- Technical cookies are necessary for the proper performance of our site. We only use these cookies to give you a user-friendly experience.
- Functional cookies remember your specific preferences. This includes making it possible to retrieve submitted personal data for some event registrations out of the database, or to remain logged in during a browsing session.
- Analytic cookies
- Our site utilizes Google Analytics to track and evaluate your use and experience and compile reports about activity on the site.
- The information collected by Google Analytics is anonymized as much as possible. The last identifier of your IP-address is explicitly not collected. The information is transferred trough a secure connection and stored by Google on servers across the globe. Google Inc. and all its subsidiaries, including Google Analytics, adhere to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.
- Advertising and marketing cookies
- Third parties may place “tracking cookies” in your browser to match ads to your preferences. Your visit to our site may impact the way these third parties match ads for you. No personal information, such as your name or email address, is known or provided to us. Its only purpose is to match advertisement to your profile, which makes them as relevant and interesting to you as possible.
- Social Media
- This website has links to network profiles on Instagram, Pinterest, or other social medias. These link codes generate cookies when you interact with the links. We do not have any influence on this. Please read Instagram’s, Pinterest’s or other networks’ privacy statements (which can change often) to read what they use your personal details for by using these cookies.
- The information the cookies collect is stored anonymously. The information is sent by and to Instagram, Pinterest, and others, possibly on servers situated in the US.
Rejecting or deleting cookies:
- Our cookies:
- If you are not comfortable with certain cookies, you can reject them when prompted as you enter our site. Other cookies must be blocked by disallowing them in your browser settings. You can do this through the settings feature of your browser, e.g. Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Mozilla or Opera. More information about changing your cookie settings or deleting cookies can be found in the browser setting, or by using the help option of your browser. These are different for each browser. You can choose to enable the “do-not-track”-feature.
- Third party cookies:
- For cookies set by third parties to show ads (through our website and other websites) that match your preferences, you can remove them in a central location through Your Online Choices, which ensures the fact that they will not be set on any other website.
More information about cookies:
- If you reject certain cookies, our site may not perform at its best.
- Rejecting cookies does not mean that you will not see any advertisements anymore, they just may not be tailored to your preferences anymore.