The holidays are going to look different for most of us this year. While many of us won’t be together to open gifts this year, I think sending something thoughtful to the ones you love still means just as much. I’ve compiled a few different guides below to offer ideas for your gift list this holiday season. Read on, or view all items in our holiday shop.
Small Business Gift Guide
Small businesses are the heart and soul of our cities, and they NEED our help this year. Many are already struggling and with recent shutdowns, they’ll need all the support they can get. Here are some of my favorites that you can shop easily online.
From top left:
- Sheila Pillow – from one of my favorite brands, Minna and made responsibly by pedal loom weavers in Lima, Peru.
- Olive Green Floral Pillow – the fabric on sweet floral pillow is handblocked, and pillow is handmade by Linen and Cloth, a great pillow source on Etsy
- Ceramic Match Striker – this handmade match striker makes the perfect gift for any candle-loving friend
- Glass Oil Cruet – store your olive oil beautifully in this hand-blown glass oil cruet
- Piecework Puzzles – old-school fun meets colorful photography in these unique puzzles. perfect for a stay-at-home holiday activity
- Peasant Bowl – this gorgeous wooden bowl is made by one of my favorite small businesses, Farmhouse Pottery
- RBG Wine Stopper – this handmade wine stopper honoring Ruth Bader Ginsburg might be my favorite gift this year
- Anecdote Santal Candle – small home shop, Anecdote, has so many well-priced candles. The santal has been on my list for a while!
- De Jong & Co White Oak Salt & Pepper Grinders – I love the minimal shade of these grinders that are handmade in Los Angeles.
- Bitters Co Straight Rock Glasses – I first discovered these glasses on Jenni Kayne. They are handblown in Mexico made out of recycled glass and so durable. I just got a set along with their wine glasses and I’m in love!
- Tiny Pakurigo Basket – these baskets are one of my favorites from Goodee, which is a fabulous black-owned shop with responsible made products from all over
- Hickory Stripe Napkins – these luxurious napkins are sustainably made in Los Angeles from Atelier Saucier, and found on Tald, a lovely new-to-me online shop curated of artists and independent brands
- Everyday Tumbler Set – slightly obsessed with this tumbler set made by Jane D’Haene, based in brooklyn
- Daily List Pad – stay organized with this minimally designed desk accessory made of recycled paper
- Candlestick Holders – these minimal wood candle holders are a welcome addition to any holiday tablescape, made by Farmhouse Pottery
Stay Well Gift Guide
With the stress of this year, I’ve had to be very intentional to take time for myself and focus on my mental and physical health (and admittedly, I haven’t felt very successful at it!). This list is compiled of products to promote healthy living and self-care. I love the idea of gifting these type of items to our loved ones this year, since we all could use a little reminder that our own health is worthy of our care and attention.
From top left:
- True Botanicals Clear Trio – take care of your skin with this trio of clean. natural products
- Food: What the Heck Should I Cook? – one of my favorite cookbooks full of healthy recipes by Dr. Mark Hyman
- Palermo Body Scrub – these delicious body scrubs are made of all-natural ingredients
- Cloud Cotton Robe – soft, light, and luxurious robe made of 100% Turkish cotton. Also comes in other fun color ways!
- Nutribullet Blender – I use my nutribullet all the time for easy, quick smoothies and sauces. I love that it’s small and easy to store when not in use
- WTHN Acupressure Mat – take a load off with this acupressure mat, designed to press and massage hundreds of acupressure points across the body
- Large floor cushion – create a comfy meditation or relaxation spot with this oversized floor cushion, made of natural kapok fill from the kapok tree
- G.Tox Ultimate Dry Brush – enjoy the multitude of health benefits that dry brushing offers, starting with skin-detoxing
- Essential Oil Diffuser – use this diffuser anywhere you want to enjoy the subtle, natural scents of essential oils
- Diaspora Co. Pragati Turmeric – I’m dying to try spices from Diaspora Co, a company which supports regenerative, sustainable agriculture and decolonization of the spice trade
- “The Martini” Emotional Detox Soak – relax with this bath soak, made with himalayan pink salt and chia seed oil
- Why I Wake Early by Mary Oliver – poems by the one and only Mary Oliver
Happy At Home Gift Guide
There’s simply no better time to find joy at home than this year.
From top left:
- Wool Blankets – stay cozy with these wool blankets from a favorite small online shop, June Home Supply
- Scalloped Lampshade – Spruce up a lamp with a customizable lamp shade with a sweet scallop detail
- Timeless Crystal Decanter – a long-lasting and classic gift that most are sure to love
- District Loom tiny rug – gift something truly one-of-a-kind with this vintage Turkish rug
- Houses: Atelier AM – admire the stunning work of Los Angeles-based AD100 design firm Atelier AM
- Brightland Olive Oil Duo – oils made of and-harvested heirloom olives from sunny California, created with food pairings in mind
- White Candle Holders – simple candle holders to spruce up a tablescape or mantle for the holidays
- French Wine Glasses – a contemporary take on a classic design (at a great price!)
- Staub Enameled Cast Iron Fry Pan, 12“– a kitchen staple for any home chef
- Printed Coasters – unique feathered coasters from a favorite design store